Monday, November 17, 2014

Fall 2014



            First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for all the effort that has been put in to make the Success Center a great work/study environment. I am glad to have the opportunity to work on the blog as well as contributing time to the Woolley Center.
   We are in week 8 already, wondering where the time went! This term didn’t seem as hectic during mid-terms, but we should anticipate more students coming in as we approach finals. Winter registration is already open and it is important to get registered as soon as you can.
            Fall is finally upon us, and everyone is bundling up for college. The campus has an eerie feeling to it in the morning again as the fog slowly gives way to the little amount of sunshine we hope for.  This is one of my favorite times of the year. We all have something that the Fall season reminds us about; hot cocoa, bonfires, hunting season and many more things that we associate with the season. For me, Autumn is all about the beauty of the wonderful state that we live in. Oregon has so much to offer during this season with the vast amount of trails, waterfalls, rivers and mountain roads, we sometimes forget to enjoy the beauty of it. I would love to hear what everyone looks forward to in the Fall. Any plans for a road trip? I love going to the coast during this time of year, the cold air mixing with the salty smell of the ocean always makes me smile.


        

10 comments:

  1. i love the nostalgic smell in the air as November swings by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is pretty outside, but a little too chilly for me already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely beautiful outside! And though I can't say I love being outside while it's so cold (especially without sitting around a bonfire with hot cocoa), I do get to wear cool sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn/winter may have a reputation for being dark and cold, but I find it beautiful. I hate sneezing my head off in the summer (hay fever), but I don't have that problem in fall and winter. The leaves are pretty and it's cold, but that's what a jacket and boots are for. It's nice to have a palette of rich colors against a forest. It's easier to enjoy a season when you're not having allergies raging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad winter is so mild here. Though I'm not a fan of being cold, it's much better than winter in Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall in Oregon is beautiful and this one seems to be going so quickly, it feels like just last week was midterm and now its Thanksgiving, almost the end of term! This year has flown by. I hope everyone takes the opportunity to take a moment and just enjoy the beauty around them, even in our hectic, very full lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall is my favorite season. I always look forward to thanksgiving and the time I spend with family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To me winter has always represented family and chilling temperatures, both of which I adore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been cold and wet so far, and the well is loving it.

    ReplyDelete